OOOhhhh Weeee, these babies are good. This was my lunch…my spicy as hell, Guy Fieri inspired poppers.
I think when you “stuff” anything, it’s hard to go wrong. Exibit A, stuffed jalapenos.
A few years back, I happened to come across Guy Fieri on a Superbowl cooking segment. There’s something about Guy that just stops me in my tracks every time I see him on TV. I’m guessing that he’s the closest thing to a human teddy bear that I’ve ever seen. And he’s consistently sweet and nice, and those sunglasses on the back of his head crack me up.
And so there I was, watching Guy, expecting a recipe of fried cheese on a hogie with nachos on the side…but he SHOCKED me with a simple and (fairly) healthy recipe! He basically stuffed regular jalapenos with ground turkey and sour cream. Although it sounded a little odd, I trusted guy and embarked on my own stuffed jalapeno adventure.
All I can say is, In Guy I Trust, because they turned out AWESOME!
I added my own Lean touches to the recipe to make them just right, and I am proud to say that these Stuffed Jalapenos are spicy perfection. Heaven on a plate. So-sad-they’re-gone good. If you like spicy jalapeno nachos (not that you’ve ever eaten spicy jalapeno nachos or anything ;)), you’ll LOVE these.
- 3 oz Ground Chicken
- 1/3 Cup of 2% Greek Yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1 Tblsp of Chopped Red Onion
- Handful of Fresh Cilantro, Minced
- 1 Tblsp Salsa of Choice
- Mrs Dash Fiesta Lime to taste
- 4 LARGE Jalapeno Peppers, sliced in half and seeds removed
- Season ground chicken with salt, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash Fiesta lime or seasonings of your choice
- Brown ground chicken in a pan
- In a bowl, combine greek yogurt, Lime Juice, onion, cilantro, and salsa,
- Add ground chicken to greek yogurt mixture
- Slice Jalapenos in half and be sure to remove all of the seeds. You can either leave the jalapenos raw or put them in the oven at 300 degrees for 5-8 minutes to make them less spicy.
- Use a small spoon to fill the jalapenos with the ground chicken mixture