This is not a self indulgent post. This particular video was requested, no, screamed for by the Lean Army on facebook and youtube.
I said it in the video, but I’ll say it again, “Today is just one day in the many different types of days.”
The power of intent is something I respect deeply. With each video I post, I declare an “intention” in my mind. My intention is always primarily to teach something new to someone who needs it. But for this particular video, my intention is to show how simple it can be.
You’ll notice the lack of magic. There’s no special “sauce” so to speak. It’s just good ol’ healthy food. Food that I set aside a few extra minutes to prepare. And food that I enjoy the hell out of eating. Most of all, you’ll notice that I just do it.
It is my intention that this video inspires someone, somewhere to do the same.
MEAL #1 — Green Smoothie
Some days I eat eggs, some days I eat breakfast parsnips, some days I enjoy a good ol’ protein pancake. Today I drank a green smoothie.
Here’s what I put into it
- 6oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Splash of Light Coconut Milk
- Handful Organic Blueberries
- 1 Tsp Chia Seeds
- Heaping handful of organic greens
- 1 Serving Greens & Whey Protein Powder
- Blend together and drink!
MEAL #2 — Home Made Protein Bars
I mentioned in the video that these are NOT perfect.They’re a little dry. I’m still perfecting a protein bar recipe. These are just what I ate today, and in the interest of full disclosure, here is the recipe.
- 1/4 Cup Almond Butter (or any nut butter)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 4 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/3 Cup Egg Whites
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (you can use less, but it will be more dry)
- 1 tsp Stevia (or more if you want)
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Whey Protein
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Mix dry ingredients in a Large Bowl
- Mix Wet Ingredients in a Medium bowl
- Add Wet Ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine
- Spread into a small pan (I used a pie pan). Flatten with a spatula if needed.
- Use fork to make cross hatch marks on top (optional)
- Bake at 325 until golden (about 15-20 minutes)
MEAL #3 — 1 Organic Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper, 3 oz Applegate Farms Organic Turkey Breast, 3 Oz Sweet Potatoes
MEAL #4 — Chicken Fajita Bowl
Crock pot meals are the best. They’re great for busy moms, college students, or anyone who likes good food. Throw some fresh ingredients and spices into a crock pot, turn it on, and go about your business for 5-6 hours. Then call yourself a talented chef, or fitness guru 😉
- 8oz Chicken Breast (if you don’t want leftovers cut entire recipe in half)
- 2 Tomatillos, diced
- 2 Anaheim Peppers, sliced
- 1 Large Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Yellow Bell Pepper, And Green Bell Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime
- Hot Sauce (optional)
- Heat a large skillet with a dab of coconut oil
- Cut the chicken into medium sized chunks
- Season the chicken breasts with Garlic and Sea Salt
- Sear the chicken very lightly until barley browned on the skin (about 2-3 minutes)
- Put Chicken, Anaheim peppers, tomatillos and onions into the crock pot, top with a generous coating of Mrs. Dash Fiesta lime and a dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Set crock pot on high for 3-4 hours or medium for 4-5 hours
- Add bell peppers during the last 30 minutes of cooking, and enjoy!
MEAL #5 — 1 Tbsp Almond Butter and a large english cucumber!
And for those of you who missed it, here’s the youtube video that accompanies this blog post 😀