If you’re looking for healthy pizza that actually TASTES like pizza, look no further. This pizza recipe is fool-proof, quick, and I guarantee it will satisfy your craving!
I actually came up with this recipe by accident. It was late, I was hungry, and my fridge was filled with random ingredients. The brown rice tortillas sat next to my low fat feta cheese, along with a couple of mushrooms and a can of tomato sauce…and the best healthy pizza on the planet was born.
- Food For Life Brown Rice Tortilla
- 2-5 Tbsp of Tomato Sauce from a can (organic if possible)
- A couple of diced tomato chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Lots of fresh oregano, chopped
- Lots of fresh basil, chopped
- 3 button mushrooms, chopped
- 1-2 oz chicken breast, chopped
- 1-2 oz reduced fat or fat free feta
- 1-2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- any other toppings of your choice
- Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Cover tortilla with desired amount of tomato sauce
- add minced garlic, oregano, basil, mushrooms, chicken, and cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until desired browning on crust. Watch carefully as it will cook fast.
The brown rice tortillas make a very true, neutral flavored pizza crust. They really just make it tastes like a delicious, super crispy pizza.
A great tip given to me by an old friend is to always use cheese as a SPICE, not a main part of a dish. If you think about it, you wouldn’t cover a dish with gobs of ANY spice. You just gently sprinkle a little here and there.
I love this tip, and always try to pass it along.
Treating the cheese as the spice on this pizza, and adding more ingredients like chicken and mushrooms make it a filling, and healthy version.
And please believe me when I say, I honestly prefer this pizza, lightly sprinkled with cheese over a regular extra cheesy pizza by far. I think you will too!
Have fun with it and make it your own. Remember, the more healthy toppings you use, the more filling and flavorful your pizza will be. If you like this recipe, feel free to share it with a friend, and show me how your pizza turns out on twitter and instagram #LeanPizza!
Lastly, don’t forget to swipe your copy of my E-Book The LeanSecrets Fat Loss Program.