I call this beauty of a dish “Turkey Mish-Mash”.
OK. Fine. It’s not “beautiful” at all. But as the saying goes, don’t judge a book by its cover…unless you want me to come over there and kick your butt. Plus, my mish-mash tastes pre-tty darn good. In fact, every time I eat this, I’m always kicking myself for forgetting about how delicious this little gem of an entree tastes. (Tip: if you call your meals “Entrees” they seem more luxurious.)
This is something I like to throw together on those days when I can’t decide what to eat…Do I want turkey burgers or stir fry?…Protein with salad or Protein with brown rice? hmmmmm. Choices choices. I WANT IT ALL DARN IT!
And the Turkey Mish Mash dish was born.
So, here’s the run down of what makes my Turkey Mish Mash so UH-MA-ZING & HEALTHY:
You’re gonna need:
Lean Ground Turkey. You could also use ground chicken, or even lean ground beef. For all you vegetarians our there, you can use lentils or black beans.
Open your fridge and grab any vegetables you’ve got lying around. You’ll want to pay special attention to the onions, garlic, & shallots if you have any. I’m using Trader Joe’s Brocoli Slaw. I like to use this because it makes me feel like I’m eating noodles 🙂
I had a lonely jalapeno pepper in my fridge, and decided to include him in this mish-mash partay too…but I cut him into little peices before I could take a picture.
Also, get your favorite spices ready. I strongly recommend Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime, Garlic Powder, & last but not least, Himalayan Salt (A very healthy salt filled with minerals).
Add some brown rice if your diet permits. I’m training hard today, plus, brown rice just feels like the right thing to do today. This is my favorite brand of brown rice, although I prefer Jasmine Brown Rice to regular…but regular brown rice is what I had.
So, there you have it. Turkey Mish-Mash for the win. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and stay lean!
- 99% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup Broccoli Slaw
- 1 Jalapeno
- 3 slices of red onion, diced into small pieces
- Himalayan Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning
- :In a small sauce pan, begin cooking brown rice.
- In a separate large skillet Heat Olive Oil until it begins to ripple
- Season the turkey with salt, garlic powder, and Mrs. Dash
- Add turkey into pan, and allow to brown for 3-5 minutes
- Add jalapeno and onion into the pan
- Once the turkey appears to be cooked through, add broccoli slaw.
- Cook until broccoli slaw wilts slightly.
- Add brown rice at the very end, and stir lightly for 1 minute to impart flavors onto the rice.